Friday, May 17, 2013

Dancing Feet

Last night was the first night since I was 4 (15 years ago) that I watched the whole ARCC dance recital without being in a single number. I love dance with all my soul, but I thought my first year of college would be easier not having to worry about it. Now I have come to see that it probably wouldn't have made a difference academically because I am a lazy pile when it comes to that stuff and didn't actually do all the extra stuff I was going to (like reading the textbook). While I was sitting next to my mom and watching all those dancers do what they do best, my legs and feet twitching to get up and move, I wanted to be on that stage. Another reason I didn't do it this year is because it's $30 per month, per class and I just don't have the money for even one class. I might look into the teaching assistant option, which lets you dance and get paid for it instead of paying. Sometimes the teaching assistants get to be in the recital and I just want to do it again so badly. Plus, since I wasn't in dance this year, I have gained 15 pounds, but that could also be because I eat whatever I damn well please. I'm trying to get rid of that. I saw dancers up there that I know, and I feel like I just missed out on a whole year of expression and fun. It made me kind of sad that I wasn't waiting to go backstage or counting the numbers until my performance. There were some dances that I really loved and they looked so fun and I know I would have been able to be in them if I hadn't taken this year off. I plan to try to find a way to be a part of it next year, because I don't just want to watch anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment