Monday, May 20, 2013

Thirteen Reasons Why

I just got done reading Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher and it was pretty intense. And I can say that because I read the whole thing in two days, which is WAY fast for me. I'm pretty much the worlds slowest reader, so I have to devote a lot of time to my books in order for me to finish them in a timely fashion, but this one just wouldn't let me put it down. It made me shiver through the whole book, being about a girl who takes her own life, but before doing so, records a set of tapes explaining why she did it. I can't really say that there was much of a happy part in any of the book, so it made me feel really heavy when I was done. I finished it last night and I still feel heavy just thinking about it. It was a very good book and I would recommend it to anyone who likes the kinds of books that deals with tough issues. Amanda McCloud and I both read this book within the past couple days, so we have officially started our tiny work "book club" that we have been saying we have wanted to do. It mostly consists of just reading the book at the same time, but it's cool to be able to talk about it without worrying about spoiling it, even though she finished it in a day and I did in two (darn). I have rated it 5 stars on Goodreads so go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment